InvestChile Blog

FDI news | Policies & Tools | Business data analysis | Investment location trends

González Byass acquires Veramonte and Neyen Apalta Estate vineyards

InvestChile - December,1,2021

The holding company, one of the most recognized in Spain, already had investments in Chile. It was founded in 1835 and has 11 wineries, with Tío Pepe and Lepanto Solera Gran Reserva brandy being two of its best-known brands.  

VINO CHILE (1)

In mid-2016, the Spanish sherry and wine producer González Byass acquired 65% of Veramonte and Neyen Apalta State vineyards from entrepreneur Agustin Huneeus. The remaining 35% remained in the hands of the Rojas family, the founders of Neyen, who partnered with Huneeus in 2012 to develop the business together.  

However, the Spanish group reached an agreement with the Rojas family to acquire its remaining percentage in the vineyards, thus expanding its presence in Chile.  

“The Veramonte and Neyen Apalta Estate vineyards base their philosophy on organic viticulture, respect, and nurturing the vineyards and their surrounding flora and fauna, as well as supporting the local communities where they are based,” explained a representative of the Spanish firm.  

They added that these principles are linked to the sustainable vision of González Byass, reflected in its ‘5+5 Cuidando el Planeta’ (5 plus 5 Taking Care of the Planet) initiative. “This initiative represents the five generations of the González family that have led the Company into the 21st century and the five generations to come.”  

Currently, Veramonte and Neyen Apalta State — one located in Casablanca and the other in Colchagua — have four brands: Veramonte, Ritual, Primus and Neyen.  

The González Byass holding, meanwhile, is one of the most well-known in Spain. It was founded in 1835 and has 11 wineries, with Tío Pepe and Lepanto Solera Gran Reserva brandy being two of its best-known brands.  

To learn more about the food industry in Chile and investment opportunities, please review the following article.  

Source: Diario Financiero  

Nueva llamada a la acción

Topics: Food Industry- Wine- Foods- Spanish investment in Chile- Wine industry- Vineyards- González Byass- Spanish companies

InvestChile

InvestChile

We are the government agency responsible for promoting Chile in the global market as a destination for foreign direct investment, serving as a bridge between the interests of overseas investors and the business opportunities the country offers and providing world-class services that are in line with the country’s economic development policies.

Previous Post

Enel Chile to invest US$1.7 billion in renewable projects

Next Post

How to Invest in Chile: Incentives for Foreign Investment

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter

Receive in your e-mail publications and news about how to guide your investment project in Chile

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

You can also subscribe here to our monthly Investment Review Newsletter

100% Privacy. No Spam.

Related Posts

Visas and foreign citizens

We invite you to obtain a complete guide of residence laws and regulations for investors and foreign workers in Chile.
Learn More